Blog Post 4:
As Dory mentioned last week, she loves the face mask recommendations I gave her. So, here I am today, to recommend them to you and hopefully you enjoy them just as much!
In the introduction of my blog, I defined self-care as “doing what you need to do to make yourself feel better and happy”. I also opened up and expressed my need for a better self-care routine, as I often find myself struggling to find time (or make time) for the things that I enjoy. With that said, I explained that putting on a face mask and watching Netflix usually does the trick! It makes me feel like I am taking time for myself and it puts me in a relaxing mood as I usually do them right before bed!
With that said, and in light of my new goal of doing “a face mask a week”, I have carefully curated a list of my top 5 face masks (one for every concern), in hopes that you will participate in the goal with me! I may even give you some tips along the way!
Take your pick:
- Brand: Youth to The People
- Concern: Uneven texture
- Description: Honestly, this is a two-minute microdermabrasion treatment! This mask is amplified by active enzymes, micro-exfoliants, and caffeine making for a smoother and visibly radiant complexion. I have only been using this mask since July (whereas the others I’ve been using for years), however, I can say that it is my favorite mask that I have tried to this date. You know those little bumps underneath your lip, on your chin, that just never seem to go away? Well, this mask does just that! It is a perfect mask to use if your skin is feeling dull, if you’re experiencing any flakiness, or you just want to get rid of that uneven texture! Remember to apply to wet skin and only leave it on for two minutes as it is a harsh product. I know this one is a bit pricey, so, I have linked a more affordable option that I also love (my brother does too haha).
- Cheaper alternative: Freeman – Cleansing Apple Cider Vinegar Clay Mask and Scrub
Mask 2: Cold Plunge Pore Mask
- Brand: Olehenriksen
- Concern: Pores
- Description: This mask is meant to instantly reduce the look of pores! It is also meant to detoxify and combat oils throughout the day. When you put it on, it immediately feels cooling, and when you take it off (after 15 minutes), you are meant to rinse with it with cool water, heightening the cooling experience! With that said, this one is my favorites to use 30 minutes before my makeup routine (tip #1). The cooling effect tightens my pores and makes for a more smooth and seamless makeup application and look. I have also noticed getting less oily throughout the night.
- Brand: Farmacy
- Concern: Dryness
- Description: This honey mask is perfect for when you are feeling dry and your face needs a drink! It is infused with essential B vitamins and antioxidants. The fun thing about this mask is that it warms as you rub it on! When you first take it out of the jar, it is a thick and sticky translucent consistency, however, as you rub it on your skin (massaging for 2 minutes), it starts to turn into a white opaque cream, and warms up in your fingertips! It is meant to be left on for 10-15 minutes. I particularly like to use this mask in the winter months as my face becomes tighter and drier, or if I have recently used any drying products for acne. It comes in two sizes!
- Brand: Origins
- Concern: Acne/Blemishes
- Description: This one is exactly what it sounds like! – Rescuing your skin in just 10 minutes! This mask does many things at once. As Sephora’s website says, “sop up oily-shine, slough off sticky, dead cells, and sweep away irksome debris”. This mask is meant for all over the face, leaving it on for 10 minutes, of course, however, my favorite way to use this mask is actually as an overnight spot treatment…(tip #2). If I have extracted my face (be careful), or have a new pest lingering, I will put a little dot of this on and sleep on it! Usually in the morning the spot has calmed down immensely, if not cleared up!
- Cheaper alternative: Freeman – Purifying Avocado + Oatmeal Clay Mask
- Brand: Origins
- Concern: Brightening
- Description: If you’ve been feeling tired and your face shows it, I would use this mask! It is not only pink (my favorite color) but it does a great job at plumping at brightening your skin with the help of vitamin C! The consistency is also super creamy providing loads of hydration. Lastly, there are crushed walnut shell exfoliators that gently exfoliate and refine the skin’s texture. Trust me when I tell you your skin will feel soft and luminous after this mask application (10 minutes). – I had a hard time finding this mask as it wasn’t on Sephora or the Origin’s website. Therefore, I have linked a peel-off mask that I quite enjoy, as well as another brightening mask that I have been meaning to purchase! (3.8 rating on Sephora)
- Cheaper alternative: Freeman – Renewing Cucumber Peel-Off Gel Mask
- Been wanting to try: Summer Fridays – R + R Mask
I am not a dermatologist! Before using any of these masks, check the “How to Use” section on Sephora.
Let’s get masking!
All images created with Canva