Blog Post #7
This is a roundup of 9 products I am currently loving! Some are fairly new, and others I have been using for a couple of months, however, they are still “current” in my eyes as they haven’t been used much due to staying home… I have categorized the products into makeup, skincare, and other. I hope there is something here that sparks your interest!
- This mascara is definitely ICONIC. My favorite mascara to date and I have tried A LOT. Also, surprisingly enough, this is my first ever non-drugstore mascara. I heard about this one from a Youtuber from Vancouver, Allana Davison. She tries many mascaras and was saying this one curls them really well, which is what I have been looking for recently, as I have been using lash serums to make my lashes grow. I said, “what the heck” and bought my first “high end” mascara – I wasn’t disappointed. Although I have started doing lash lifts at home, I swear this mascara helps as well. If you are looking for a more affordable alternative, this one has a similar wand that enhances the curl which I also love.
- As some of you may know, this powder foundation is viral on TikTok right now. There are countless videos of girls trying it with the sponge that it comes with, instantly covering their blemishes and redness. After coming across tons and tons of these videos, I needed to try it for myself. In most cases of the viral products, stock was low, however, there were 4 left, and I was able to snag a pretty good color match (120 – Vanilla). I immediately tried it on one cheek when I got home, and I was pleasantly surprised. Although most girls that tried it on TikTok already had pretty good skin, it was a good indicator of how well it worked when it was able to cover my skin issues as well. I loved it so much that I wore it the next day. I like this product for quick makeup days as you don’t need to spend time blending and setting. I would give this a try if you want a powder that covers but isn’t cakey!
- I bought this blush back in September when I had a 20% off coupon code to Sephora. I believe this was when Selena Gomez launched the Rare Beauty line. I was very excited to try her products as everyone was raving about them and because they had such cute packaging (so silly, I know). I bought the liquid blush as this is one product that I love experimenting with. I got the color “Happy”, a dewy cool pink shade. I really love this product because it is easy to use and because it blends seamlessly with either your fingers or a stippling brush. This was a great addition to my liquid blush collection, and I can’t wait to try the new Stay Vulnerable Melting Cream Blush from the line.
- Again, Cerave is another brand that has been going viral on TikTok. Many people have been using their products and creating videos on their skin transformations. Dermatologists have also been recommending their products to anyone that needs a better routine, as all their products have minimal yet beneficial ingredients. With that said, I have been experiencing really rough skin for about a month, so I decided to check all my products for pore-clogging ingredients using this site. Many of my products contained pore-clogging ingredients, so I went ahead and threw away any old products and gave the rest to friends or kept them for travel purposes (don’t throw away products if it’s not necessary – repurpose them!). I then decided to purchase a new cleanser and moisturizer to “reset” my routine and start from “square one”. I’m not so sure if it is the product yet, however, my skin has been clearing up slowly. I have been experiencing less redness and bumps. I will keep you guys posted on my progress and thoughts.
- As I just mentioned above, I have been experiencing more breakouts than normal. However, these acne healing dots have been a lifesaver! If I have been picking at my skin or have a big breakout that I know won’t go away for a few days, I put one of these dots on before bed. More often than not, I magically wake up with a healed and flattened spot. Although it doesn’t get rid of the redness, it does get rid of the bump and makes it a lot easier to cover as it heals the wound (It’s also really satisfying – I know, gross…). Anyways, I’ve also recently discovered a cheaper alternative – hydrocolloid bandages (Thanks to TikTok again). I cut these up into tiny squares and I’m good to go – lasts forever!
- Because I have been trying to keep my routine more simple, I have begun to use this serum as my daily moisturizer as it is suitable for sensitive skin and because doesn’t have any pore-clogging ingredients. The Vichy website claims that it “is a daily face moisturizer that provides the skin’s daily dose of strength – it repairs, fortifies and hydrates skin”. Nevertheless, I like this product because it is more of a watery-gel texture, so it doesn’t feel greasy or heavy on the skin (perfect for the daytime) – just what I like! It’s also important to note that it works really well under makeup application.
- I got this mist in a gift set (no longer available) for Christmas! It came with a mini-sized shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and fragrance mist. This set allowed me to try out the products without committing to the full size, which I highly recommend doing whenever you can. I must say that I loved all the products in the set, however, I am really loving the mist as it is great for both your hair and body! Because it is a small bottle and on the pricier side, I use it sparingly and when I want to feel extra special. Nonetheless, you NEED this!! – or any of their products! They all smell AMAZING!!!
- One day I was waiting for my laptop to get fixed at Apple and I ran into Sephora wanting to use up a gift card. So, I walked out with this volume spray! I love the brand IGK and my most favorite product from them is the Beach Club Texture Spray, so I was super keen to add this to my hair care lineup. Although I have only used it twice, I can say that it definitely gives you volume. I applied it to damp hair, mainly in the roots, before using my Dyson Airwrap Styler. I was rocking the 90’s swoop in my face-framing pieces!
- Funny enough, my grandma included this body wash in her Christmas gift to my brother and I in 2020. I love how she always thinks of us and gifts us practical items. That said, this body was such a joy to use! It lathers so well and smells glorious. I also love that my skin doesn’t feel stripped and dry afterward. This is a good drugstore body wash for sure – great size and great price (around 7$)! I will be repurchasing!
That’s all for now! But I am sure I could make another one of these soon (oops). Let me know if there’s anything that you’ve been loving that I can try!
I’ll be around,
Featured image created with Canva